I read an article published by Top Gear PH on their website about 10 things only girls who love cars understand. I guess I’m not a “car girl” after all. What I am is a girl who at least tries to know her car, and knows how to drive like a real good driver should.
1) Change two tires every two years (Each pair lasts 4 years.) I get my tires from Minerva Tyre Gallery along Sta. Rosa-Tagaytay Road. Reasonably priced tires, great promo (20 minutes or else you get P500 off), and great service.
2) Make sure everything works. If something is broken, I’d have it fixed as soon as I can.
3) Tune-up once a year at our neighborhood mechanic.
4) Scratches and dents (from car doors banging on mine while parked, and squeezing motorcycles) irk me. I will try to use a compound, but if I can’t, I know when to give up.
5) Personally wax my car when I’m in the mood (at least quarterly).
6) I wash my car weekly (not unless I prefer to run instead).
7) I spend time admiring my shiny black car after washing–and post it online.
8) I drive like a taxi driver in the city (survival skills) and a true Southern driver along expressways.
9) I know what “Overtaking Lane” means. APPARENTLY, SOME MALE DRIVERS DON’T.
11) I dream of buying my own power hose to wash my car with.
12) I also dream of buying my own buffer for DIY auto detailing.
13) I know how to replace a flat tire. Done it twice—alone.
14) I have an air pump in my trunk for emergency.
15) I can reverse- and parallel-park with ease. Have no fear of inclined planes.
16) I use an app to monitor my fuel consumption and service done on my car. (Pardon the currency. I have been figuring out how to change that to PHP. Trust me, I’m a tech geek. The discrepancy is caused by neglect in syncing data.)
I guess I’m not much of a “car girl”, but I’m awesome driving in the city.