Christmas is nearing and we are panicking again with our gifts shopping. We, teachers, get tons of gifts from our generous students, and we appreciate the thought. Here is a general criteria for buying gifts for people you don’t know personally:
- Don’t give cologne. Some people prefer floral scents over citrus scents and vice versa. Give a citrus scented cologne to a teacher, and she won’t use it. It goes to the recycle bin.
- Avoid giving fancy jewelry because these also require the person’s preference. Not everybody likes what you like.
- Try to be creative. If you go to divisoria, you’ll see a lot of items that go within your budget (P50-P100) and will be the same items that others would see. Look for items that are not common. Assume that everybody else will be giving her purses, or pouch bags.
- Try to be unique. You could buy a jar and fill it with different candies. Tie a colorful ribbon and voila!
But here are some suggestions to give teachers for Christmas:
- Consumables (e.g. lotion, body wash, all-time favorite chocolates)
- Gift certificates
- Unique school supplies (e.g. personalized notepads, multicolored whiteboard markers, good quality pens, multicolored pens)
- Fancy and trendy ID lanyards
- Cute, slim lunch boxes
- Shoe bag
- coffee mugs
- fancy jewelry